Welcome to DMACC Continuing Education
|Nurse Refresher (RN) Part 1|
Location: Internet class
Course/Section: NURS550 305
Date: 05/25/2021 - 08/05/2021
Instructor: Cipale Deborah
Contact Hrs: 80 hours
|The Nurse Refresher course is designed for nurses returning to the healthcare field and will assist in meeting the requirements for RN License Reactivation in the State of Iowa. (For other States, please consult with your Board of Nursing) For full license reactivation the participant will need to complete both Nurse Refresher RN Part 1 and the Nurse Refresher RN Part 2 courses successfully.
• The primary goal of the two-part Nurse Refresher-RN course is to assist inactive registered nurses to review and update their nursing knowledge and skills, and gain confidence returning to practice.
• A practicing or currently registered nurse who is NOT inactive and desires to update their nursing knowledge and earn Nursing Contact Hours may also take this course and may only choose to take the Part 1 course. Please check with the IBON as to your status and requirements.
• The Nurse Refresher RN Part 1 Course and the Part 2 Course have each been approved for 40 Nursing Contact Hours, through DMACC IBON Provider #22. The Nurse Refresher-RN Part 1 is a 16-week online learning web based course. Course Requirements Include:
• You will need to have regular and reliable internet.
• You will need a computer and access to it in order to complete this course.
• The course is taught through the Blackboard web based learning platform.
• Assignments and learning will be completed through weekly reading, discussion boards, quizzes, and other methods as assigned.
• You will receive an E-Book Registration Code once class begins for your textbook access. The cost for this E-Book access is covered in your course cost.
• Once enrolled you will receive two letters from DMACC giving you your DMACC Student ID number and access to your DMACC Email address. You will use these DMACC credentials to log into the MY DMACC Web based Learning system.
• Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing. **This course is not a substitute for taking the IBON Licensing Exam.
|Available Seats: 7 Fees: $899.00|