Welcome to DMACC Continuing Education
Course/Section: NRAO530 202
Date: 01/20/2021 - 04/21/2021
Room: 20B, 20D
Instructor: Cross Michelle
Time: 04:30PM - 07:30PM
Days: Monday, Wednesday
Contact Hrs: 60 hours
|This is a 60-hour course consisting of 48 classroom hours and 12 clinical hours. This course also includes the CORE Training of the Prepare to Care curriculum. The purpose of the course is to prepare people to safely administer non parenteral medications in facilities licensed by DIA. The emphasis is on safe administration and students are provided with classroom, laboratory and clinical experiences. Pre-Requisites: In order to take this course the student must be drug free, and working in an agency /facility licensed by DIA. If employed in a certified nursing facility all students must be employed for at least 6 months in their current sponsoring facility. The facility sponsors the student by allowing them to complete the clinical experience and must fill out a facility sponsor form. If a student is employed in a residential or related type of agency licensed by the DIA all students must still fill out and complete the Facility sponsorship/recommendation form. Agencies/facilities licensed by DIA are: Long Term Care (LTC), Assisted Living Programs (ALP), Residential Care Facilities (RCF), Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF), Intermediate Care Facilities for the Intellectually Disabled (ICF-10) Psychiatric Medical Institutions for Children (PMIC) Psychiatric Medical Institutions (PMI). Class dates are Jan 20 thru Mar 15. Review day is April 19. Test Date is April 21. Book pick up is January 19.
• Facility Sponsor Form must be completed
• Facility Sponsor does not mean facility must pay for the class. The student may pay
• Facility Sponsor Form must be turned in to instructor first day of class
• Clinical hours will be at sponsoring facility
• Facility Sponsor Form automatically emailed if address is provided with on line registration
• Mandatory Attendance is required the first two days of class. If you are absent, you will be dropped from the course with NO REFUND.
|Available Seats: Full Fees: $495.00|